Friday, March 27, 2015

Life Lately with the Little Ones

It has been a busy few weeks in my household! Vinny is learning how to read (more than just his sight words!), he's starting baseball, he's learning addition and subtraction, and he's preparing for graduation in the summer and kindergarten in the fall! Jakey is talking more. A LOT more. He's always been chatty, but he's trying to say more words now. One of the things he's gotten better at is saying his prayers. He says, "God bless Mommy, Daddy, Kuya (Big brother), and me! Amen!" I melt.

Meanwhile, I'm working on Easter crafts for the kids, baskets/gifts, baby showers and dinner parties, and Vinny's 5th birthday party!! It's gonna be a busy (and expensive) next few months. But planning is what I love, so hopefully it'll all pay off! Oh. And did I mention Robbie had strep? Yup. I've been taking care of three babies this week. --Are all men babies when they're sick? :)

On another note, let me take a few steps back to the baby. His attitude is something else! I'm excited that he is talking more, but I'm also afraid of what he might say! Lol...I've never had this problem with Vinny. Jacob is very aggressive and is definitely exercising his independence anyway he can. He's becoming more and more picky with his food too. I'm guessing that's part of his attempt to claim his independence? Idk. He is also standing up for himself more (against Vinny), which is good, but at the same time, he tries to do that with Robbie and I too. I wouldn't say it's become unbearable, but it's definitely taken a lot of extra effort to keep Jakey in line! I think I'm gonna have to revisit my "How to deal with a bossy toddler...Like a Boss" post soon! Gotta keep that post on hand. ;)

Anyway, I can say there's one thing that keeps my baby satisfied...Chick-fil-a milkshakes. Lol! Jakey experienced his first Chick-fil-a milkshake tonight (by stealing Vinny's!!):



How could I stay mad at that face?!

Til next time. Wish me luck with these little monsters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment