Monday, November 9, 2015

Holiday Green

One of my favorite colors this season has been dark green. I have never been a green kinda girl, but something about that color makes me feel classy and elegant. (Which is a hard feeling for me to come by nowadays as a mommy of two! So let me live.) I also love to wear this color over the holidays as a non-red holiday option. Not that I have anything against red...red is just your typical "holiday" color, aaaannd let's just say I like to go the non-traditional route sometimes. ;) #rebel (Not.)

Anyway, I had time this weekend (shocking!) and I thought I'd play around with this dark green top I bought from Express earlier this year. I guess you can say I did a form of the day-to-night concept with a dressy/day/work look, then a keep-it-casual look. Really I just couldn't make up my mind on how I wanted to style it, so I did all three! :p (Imagine how my mornings are like!) So here it is three different ways!


This is an easy wear-to-work outfit (holiday season or non-holiday season).....that will likely be on repeat over the next few months for me. The shirt is one of the Portofino shirts from Express. These dress shirts are so comfortable--I could buy them in every color! I've listed a few of my favorites at the bottom of this post. I have two, this dark green one and one in burnt orange and can pair them with anything (dress pants, jeans, skirts, etc.). Love em!


















Last year I splurged a little bit and bought this faux fur vest from Francesca's and I LOVE it--but I don't wear it enough! So I feel like I need to get my money's worth and wear it as much as I can...but that just ain't happening...I just don't go to enough cool places to break out my faux fur. Lol! So anyway, I'm constantly on a hunt to find casual outfits that I can make using this vest. Yanno, working around my accessories. Nothing wrong with that, right?












Aaaand just in case the vest was "too much".... :p


By the way...this is the first time I did a photoshoot with my kids around. It wasn't easy trying to keep them busy and out of my photos! I broke a sweat!!
And I may or may not have let them eat a jar of cookies to stay still................

Alas--gotta have the gold!

Hope you enjoyed! I hope to post more non-red holiday looks for you soon, so stay tuned for that!



As promised...my fave portofino shirts out right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment