Saturday, January 30, 2016

Best Teryaki Chicken Ever

I came across this recipe a few weeks ago, loved it, and wanted to share it with you! It's very easy and simple but taste delicious. You also don't have to marinate it that long for it to taste amazing. :) Enjoy

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 3 tablespoons sherry
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon barbeque sauce
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced --I love garlic so I used about 4 cloves
  • 1 tablespoon minced ginger root --careful with the ginger. I used too much one time aaand thankfully we all had colds because it definitely cleared our sinuses ;)
  • 1 1/2 lbs flanked steak --I've also used chicken thighs and wings
  • Skewers --optional
Directions
  • In a small bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, sherry, soy sauce, barbeque sauce, green onions, garlic, and ginger.
  • Cut flank steak across grain on a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices. Place slices in a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour hoisin sauce mixture over slices, and mix well. Refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight. I cut slits in the chicken thighs so the marinade can soak in.
  • Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Discard marinade, and thread steak on skewers.
  • Oil the grill grate. Grill skewers 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.  I definitely did NOT discard the marinade! Lol...it's winter here, so instead I cooked the meat in a shallow frying pan over low-medium heat, covered, for about 30 minutes or until the juices ran clear. The steak cooked much faster since it was thin, so no cover was needed. But I poured the extra marinade all over that bad boy ;) 

 Tada! All done. The kids The judges loved it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment